Sunday, June 9, 2019

Wilshire Ward: Interior

The interior of this chapel is stunning.


This building highlights the art deco styles. Artistic patterns are painted on the ceiling and walls. At the front of the chapel is a circular rostrum, with a stained glass window of Christ knocking at the door. Other stained glass windows with Christian and LDS icons line the wall on the left.


At the back of the chapel is a large balcony that is used for stake conferences. A very enthusiastic member took me up there for some of my pictures.




I'll post pictures of the stained glass windows next.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous chapel! I do not think those choir seats are original. My father has photos from when he was a child and they were different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They looked newer, so I could see that being the case as well!

      Delete
    2. My father passed away two years ago, and to end this continued to be "the most beautiful building the Church owns." He was raised in Mar Vista but they were to this building for many functions. He'd have loved your photos as they show off so many of the things he loved about the building. I'm looking forward to the stain glass window photos!

      Delete