This is the first post in a new series titled "Those Who've Gone Before," honoring LDS Architecture that is no longer standing. The series title comes from a talk by President Gordon B. Hinckley:
"It is good to look upon the virtues of those who have gone before, to
gain strength for whatever lies ahead. It is good to reflect upon the
work of those who labored so hard and gained so little in this world,
but out of whose dreams and early plans, so well nurtured, has come a
great harvest of which we are the beneficiaries. Their tremendous
example can become a compelling motivation for us all, for each of us is
a pioneer in his own life, often in his own family, and many of us pioneer daily in trying to establish a gospel foothold in distant parts of the world."
For other posts in this series, click here.
The Cedar City Second Ward was built in 1927 and demolished in 2013. In this photo, light streams through the beautiful stained glass window at the front of the chapel.