Sunday, January 22, 2017

Ovid Ward

The Ovid, Idaho ward chapel was built around 1895-1896. It was sold by the 1960s, and now is privately owned.


The building originally had a larger tower that was much more fitting:

(Image Source: Church History Library)
 Sometime in the early 1900s, this was removed and it was shortened.

(Image Source: Church History Library)
Some of the patterned details are still visible over the windows. The building is overall in rough shape, but it still is lovely, especially in this setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment