Sunday, August 18, 2019

Huntington Park Ward: Cultural Hall

The cultural hall fulfills the normal criteria of having a large basketball court and a stage along one side. Along the east side of the hall (to the left in the picture below), there is a lobby connected to the hall that can be used for events as well.


One of the most unusual things about this cultural hall was the stained glass windows lining both sides of the hall.


The first one I saw looked like a normal window.


However, the remaining windows all have images relating to the arts, humanities, and culture. I thought this was a wonderful way to emphasize the purpose of the cultural hall and the activities that would take place there.

I'm not sure which this one is. A trophy? Perhaps representing competition, athletics, and victory?

This window shows instruments representing music:


This one shows a woman dancing:


I believe this one is of a torch, perhaps again emphasizing competition?


This one shows a lyre, again emphasizing music:


And this one shows masks, focusing on acting and drama.


I'm not sure I'll find another cultural hall quite like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment