Saturday, May 1, 2021

Manti Temple to Be Preserved

 I was thrilled to see the Church's announcement that the Manti Temple will be preserved, and a new temple will be built in neighboring Ephraim to help reduce capacity concerns. The live endowment will be replaced by a film presentation; however, the temple floor plan, progression, and murals will be preserved.

I am so grateful for everyone who sent feedback to the Church about the preservation. I am so grateful to President Nelson and other Church leaders who were willing to listen and seek continued guidance in their decision to preserve the temple. And I am grateful that we will be able to continue to enjoy the temple for years to come!



6 comments:

  1. Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna too God and the Lamb!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful news. I am impressed that President Nelson is willing to respond to our concerns and I love the solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very glad this ended up being a "Bountiful Tabernacle" situation instead of a "Logan Temple" situation. Providing feedback and concerns does effect changes. It's hard to do that as a faithful member--I think there is a fine line to straddle, and there is a lot of criticism from those who perceive any push back to be doubts or apostasy--but it's worth it when we are able to save our heritage.

      Delete
  3. I am probably being too pessimistic in regards to this, so hopefully I am wrong. This is exactly what was promised with the Salt Lake Temple, yet we know it will now have significant amounts of historic arts and materials removed and replaced with a poor imitation. I think there were unforeseen complications in the Salt Lake Temple that resulted in the new configuration. I can see this happening again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand your pessimism, Brett, mostly because the previous announcement about the change in plans for Salt Lake caught us so much by surprise that it seems like you can't really relax anymore. I am very very hopeful based on this announcement, but I guess I won't breathe easy until the temple's open house. :)

      Delete
  4. Even with this change, I can't help but feel that this announcement is bittersweet. Though Manti will now be preserved, it's too late for Salt Lake. In the words of an 80's Cher song: "If I could turn back time, if I could find a way..."

    ReplyDelete