Tuesday, September 15, 2015

St. George Fifth Ward: Chapel Interior


There are several little touches in this chapel that make it a beautiful worship space. I like the simple design on the ceiling, and the natural light that shines in from the windows on both sides. Of course, the paintings are also beautiful and add so much to the chapel. The one on the right shows the First Vision; the one on the left depicts Christ with children. Both paintings were done by Lorin Covington of Hurricane; his painting of Christ with the children also hangs in other chapels (including the Blanding Tabernacle).  I'll post large pictures of the paintings in my next post.

One last thing that I liked--the sacrament preparation room (behind the pulpit) is beautifully lit with a two-story window. I liked that touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment