Sunday, November 28, 2021

Mesa 2nd Ward: Interior

I visited the Mesa 2nd Ward two years ago, but at that time couldn't get inside. This time when I visited Mesa I was able to document the interior.

And what a beautiful interior it is! A barreled ceiling descends to beautifully carved columns on the sides. At the front, the pulpit is off-center to the right while the sacrament table mirrors it on the right; behind, a beautiful vestry has organ pipes behind the grills.

Small stained glass windows are at the back and sides of the chapel. Other windows are above the columns, although some are blocked off from extensions to the building.




The cultural hall is perpendicular to the chapel on one side, so that's where the overflow is located.

 

I've got some more pictures I'll post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment