Thursday, March 19, 2015

Provo Sharon East Stake Center

Note: This post is one in a series that focuses on LDS architecture that is not historic, but that departs from standard cookie-cutter plans to become unique and beautiful in a different way. To see all of these posts, click here.

The Sharon East Stake Center is next in our Modern Architecture series. It's located near the mouth of Rock Canyon, behind the Provo Temple. I have to apologize that these pictures aren't as high in quality as the other posts--my camera was dead when I visited this church, so I had to make do with my phone.




It has an impressive set of organ pipes:






The chapel walls are all made of the same type of rock on the exterior. It seems fitting.



There are even more pipes behind the first set.


Too bad all chapels can't have organs this nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment