Sunday, March 8, 2015

Sunset Heights Fourth Ward

Note: This post is one in a series that focuses on LDS architecture that is not historic, but that departs from standard cookie-cutter plans to become unique and beautiful in a different way. To see all of these posts, click here.

Today's "Modern Architecture" post looks at the Sunset Heights Fourth Ward:


What drew me to this building was the window that goes into where the chapel would be. other than that detail, it is a standard-plan building in almost every way.


The same theme is above the entryway.


I wasn't disappointed by the view in the chapel:



I think the reason I like these "Modern Architecture" posts is that they could be applied to buildings in the future quite easily. Most of the buildings in this series are standard plan, but they have one or two little things that make a big difference, and could be applied to new buildings. It's what I hope for, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment