Sunday, May 24, 2015

Preservation Update: Work Continues on Manti Tabernacle

Note: Preservation Updates are a regularly occurring series of posts where I round up recent information on historic LDS buildings and their futures. Depending on the age of the post, there may be newer information available. Click here to see all Preservation Updates.
 
It's been a few months since our last checkup on the Manti Tabernacle's major renovation. Let's see how things are going!


The tabernacle first closed last April, and the project was supposed to take 15 months. That means that, if all goes according to plan, it should be rededicated around July.

Since the last time I visited, the windows have been replaced and uncovered. A few more details have been added to the main tower, and the small towers on the corners have been uncovered, revealing that they are also now unpainted. I'm not sure if the wood towers look is going to stick around, or if it'll be painted. Now that I've seen them unpainted, I like the look.


There's still a lot of work going on--the 4 pillars on the addition to the tabernacle have been stripped and worn down.


Some work still needs to be done on the tower.


The eaves above the side entrances to the chapel were also originally unpainted, but in later years were white. Here, they're unpainted again.

I'm eager to see what progress is made on the tabernacle in the next few months. A lot of interior work is still going on--I tried peeking through as much as I could. I'll definitely post any updates that I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment