Thursday, May 28, 2015

Spring City Ward: Chapel Interior

It's been a while since I posted my pictures of the Spring City chapel. At that time, I didn't have any pictures of the interior. But I was able to recently visit again and gain access to the chapel.

Here's the view upon climbing the small staircase in the tower, at the top of the balcony:


And the view from the main floor. Notice the detailed pulpit, the sacrament table (which is in front and center), and the arched windows.


It hasn't changed much:

(Source: Church History Library)


The u-shaped balcony adds to the beauty of this chapel. And, even though the chapel has been added onto on the north side...


The original wall was left intact. That means there are windows into the main chapel from the new lobby. I'm glad they left the walls and window, though--it sets the chapel apart and clearly shows what it originally was. I'll provide a post with some more details of what I liked next.

No comments:

Post a Comment