Exploring & documenting LDS temples, tabernacles, chapels, and more!
Sunday, April 5, 2015
Eighteenth Ward (Salt Lake)
Dedicated in 1883, the 18th Ward Meetinghouse was demolished in 1973. The hard work of preservationists meant that the building was dismantled and carefully reconstructed across the street from the Utah Capitol Building in 1980. The original parts include the steeple, cornerstone, window frames, doors, benches, pulpit, and stained glass.