Sunday, April 26, 2015

Riverside 2nd Ward

Note: This post is one in a series that focuses on LDS architecture that is not historic, but that departs from standard cookie-cutter plans to become unique and beautiful in a different way. To see all of these posts, click here.

I apologize that the last week saw no blog posts. I was out of town on vacation, so I took a brief break from blogging. Now I'm back!

I'm not sure what drew me to the Riverside 2nd Ward in Murray, Utah. I just liked a lot of the architectural elements on the exterior. I decided to document it for the "Modern Architecture" series of blog posts.




The upper window does not lead to an actual room.




I really liked these carvings. The interior had some nice elements, too:







Overall, it's mostly a standard-plan chapel. But the little details really make it stand out, and I appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment